< L'angwic Lessons: Lesson II

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Lesson II

-Conditions

L'angwic uses conditions differently than in English, for some people it will be easy to learn, others it will take time.
In English we say "we may buy a car", see how "may" is its own word?
Well in L'angwic, instead of having "may" its own word, we have it on the end of the verb, after the conjugation.
Example:
We may buy a car.
Bajaumy ne'Xaar.
the "my" tacked onto the end of bajau makes it "we may buy" instead of "we buy"
The breakdown of the word "bajaumy"
Baj-au-my
vrb-we-may
The condition ALWAYS goes after the conjugation.

Conditions Table

I could go
ja xantexu add -xu
I have to go ja xantena add -na
I may go
ja xantema add -ma
I'm going to go ja xantetsu add -tsu
I might go
ja xantemi add -mi
I must go
ja xantemy add -my
I should go ja xantecu add -cu
I want to go ja xantevi add -vi
I will go
ja xantewi add -wi
I can go
ja xantexa add -xa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home